Monday, May 28, 2012

Rock Star

Here's my entry for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge.  This month's challenge is a sketch and I put my a la modes Rock Star set to work for the challenge.

The rocker girl is colored with Copic markers and cut out.  I used foam tape to set her on a dot embossed light blue panel.  The set's "rock star" sentiment is stamped in red on a mini tab die cut and attached to the left edge of the panel.

I used two patterned papers from a My Mind's Eye paper pad for the cardfront--a multicolored chevron pattern for the panel underneath the image and a more subtle yellow piece with white dots to cover most of the cardfront.  Once I'd layered the papers, I attached strips of red cardstock across the cardfront.  They looked a little plain, so I found some gold glitter cardstock and cut narrow strips of it to place at the center of each red piece.  The image panel is layered over that.  To match the sparkly cardstock, I added a big gold glittered chipboard star at the bottom corner of the image panel.  It seemed like the perfect accent piece for a rock star themed card!

Materials Used:
a la modes Rock Star stamp set, Die-namics Mini Tag Foursome dies (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); On the Bright Side-One 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); gold glitter cardstock, gold glitter chipboard star (Recollections); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips