Saturday, May 26, 2012

You Hit it Out of the Park

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I made a sports-themed card that I think will be perfect to give to a special boy at the end of a successful school year.

I used the little boy from the Pure Innocence Baseball Boy set as my focal image. I colored the boy with Copic markers, somewhat matching the colors to those of my hometown Washington Nationals. The boy is cut out and set on a blue panel with foam tape. I left enough room along the right side of the panel to stamp the set's "you hit it out of the park" sentiment along the edge.

The boy is set on a dot embossed blue panel with a strip of plaid patterned paper across the center. Both the patterned paper and image panel are layered on red cardstock to make them pop against the card's blues.   I added a pair of sparkly star-like embellishments at the left side of the panel.  I don't think they're too girly or sparkly for a boy's card . . .

Materials Used: 
Pure Innocence Baseball Boy stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Paris Dusk inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); American Made-Stars of Loyalty designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Polka Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); glitter stars (Petaloo); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips