Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bouncing by to Say Hi

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. Originally, I had a much more complicated design in mind, but mid-way through trying to execute it, I switched gears and came up with this simple but fun sporty themed card.

I used a die cut soccer ball as my focal image. It’s set on a dot embossed blue panel with some foam tape. I edged the panel with a strip of border punched green grass. To give the appearance of motion, I used my sewing machine to make a trail behind the soccer ball. The panel is attached to a multicolored striped patterned paper panel. Instead of using a border die to cut a decorative piece for along the bottom of the panel, I attached a strip of green twill to the edge.

The panel is layered on a piece of blue dotted paper, then attached to a green card base. I stamped the “bouncing by to say hi” sentiment on a green notch-ended strip and attached it to the cardfront, anchoring it with a green button tied with matching green baker’s twine.

Materials Used: 
All-Star stamp and die set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); marker (Copic) Whisper White, Baja Breeze, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Old Olive twill (Stampin’ Up!); Good Day Sunshine Boy-Seaside Stripe designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); olive baker’s twine (Timeless Twine); green button; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips