Sunday, June 3, 2012

Damask Doilies Congratulations

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  Rita's gallery had several different cards with doily images, so I thought it would be a great time to put my Damask Doilies set from WPlus9 to use!  My card is based on this pretty birthday card seen here.

I made her birthday card into an elegant wedding card, keeping the layout pretty much the same, but changing the colors to a trendy blue, yellow, and gray.  I stamped the doilies in those colors randomly on a white panel, then added the "congratulations to the happy couple" sentiment across the panel, set off from the doilies with a gray mat.

For the cardfront, I set a piece of patterned paper along the bottom of a Baja Breeze card base.  The top of the patterned paper panel is dressed up with a strip of  scallop edged gray cardstock and wrapped with some silvery satin ribbon.  After layering the stamped panel on a pair of coordinating cardstock mats, I attached it to the cardfront.  So pretty!

Materials Used:
Damask Doilies stamp set (WPlus9); Memento Cantaloupe, Gray Flannel, and Teal Zeal inks (Tsukineko); Baja Breeze, Taken with Teal, So Saffron, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock, Scallop Trim border punch (Stampin' Up!); Victoria Park-Hyde Park designer paper (Lily Bee Design); silver satin ribbon (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips