Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hi Bee-utiful

 Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I went for a bright and cheery look using the sweet bee image from the Bee Yourself set.

I colored the bee image with Copic markers, adding a little glitter to the wings and antenna for a nice sparkle. The image is set on a square panel covered with a trio of gray and gold patterned paper strips. 

The square panel is set tilted on a 5" square card base that's a little larger than the square cards I usually make.  I covered the cardfront with a piece of coordinating dotted patterned paper that I machine stitched along the edges for a nice, finished look.  Once the image panel was in place, I added a black button, tied with yellow baker's twine, to the bottom left side of the image. 

To finish the card, I needed a sentiment and I did a little creative stamping to come up with exactly what I wanted.  The "hi bee-utiful" sentiment is a hybrid of the word "bee-utiful" from the Bee Yourself set and the letters "hi" from the "wild thing" sentiment found in the Little Loveosaurus set.  By combining the two, I came up with the perfect fit for the space I had on the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Bee Yourself and Little Loveosaurus stamp sets (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Summer Sky and Basic Gray cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Buttercup 6x6 paper pad, Buttercup-Sunflower designer paper (Lily Bee Design); yellow baker's twine (The Twinery); black button (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips