Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm Bananas over You

**Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown!**

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I used the dangling monkey from Our Craft Lounge’s Jungle Love set for this cute card.

The monkey image is colored with Copic markers. I stamped the image a second time and colored just the monkey’s head, then cut it out and added it to the colored image with foam tape to add a little dimension to the image.

I found some earth toned striped paper in my stash for the panel at the bottom of the cardfront. A strip of green grosgrain ribbon runs across the panel. I used a piece of dotted green paper for the pointy-ended panel that runs just about the length of the card. The image is layered on a kraft oval. I stamped the set’s “I’m bananas over you” sentiment curved alongside the oval and added a twine tied button as an accent.

Materials Used: 
Jungle Love stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Summer Sunrise and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); U Bug Me Stripe designer paper (BoBunny); Simply Chartreuse Bitty Dot paper (Papertrey Ink); oval dies (Spellbinders); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); twine (Hemptique) button; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips