Sunday, June 10, 2012

Play Ball

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  When I saw all the cards in Stephanie's gallery featuring images from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, I knew this would be the perfect time for me to ink up one of the images I ordered from there recently.  Since it's baseball season, Baseball Oliver got the nod in my version of this sports-themed card.

I stamped Oliver on a piece of white cardstock, then used a circle die to cut out just a portion of the image.  After coloring it with Copic markers, I set it on a red circle mat.

I found some fun star print kraft designer paper from a Jillibean Soup collection with a sporty theme for the large panel on the cardfront.  It's layered on a navy panel and zig zag stitched around the edges.  I have such a hard time with the zig zag stitch on my machine--I can't get it lined up straight and can't figure out the corners . . .  The sewed panel is layered on a lighter blue panel with the set's "play ball" sentiment stamped in the lower right corner in black ink.  I attached the colored image panel to the lower right part of the patterned paper panel, then layered the piece on a navy card base.  It's the perfect card for a little sports fan--I think I might know a few of those . . .

Materials Used:
Baseball Oliver stamp set (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Real Red, and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Game Day Chili-Dark Ale designer paper (Jillibean Soup); circle dies (Spellbinders); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips