Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time to Relax

I took advantage of last week’s sale at My Favorite Things and picked up a few new to me a la modes set. I inked up one of them for this week’s MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.

I stamped the clock-toting a la mode girl and colored her with Copic markers, then coated the clock face with some Glossy Accents to get a glass-like look. After cutting out the image, I used foam tape to attach it to an aqua panel.

To go with the clock, I found some number patterned paper in my scrap pile for the panel underneath the image. The two panels are layered on a piece of orange paper with a chevron pattern. I machine stitched around the panel’s edges before attaching it to the card base. A strip of orange grosgrain ribbon runs across the bottom of the card. I wrapped the ribbon with some orange baker’s twine and attached an orange button to it to anchor the “time to relax” sentiment. I wasn’t happy with the strip of darker aqua that was left along the bottom edge of the card, so I found a scrap of lighter aqua paper with a dotted pattern and squeezed that underneath the ribbon—much better!

Materials Used: 
a la modes Take Time stamp set (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist Bitty Dot patterned paper (Papertrey Ink),Orange Zest button; Fine & Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); A Walk in the Park-Flutter designer paper (Echo Park); Glossy Accents (Ranger); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); orange baker’s twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips