Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You Are My Sunshine

Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. When I saw the sketch’s large circle element, I thought of the sun and my new Hello Sunshine stamp set from Papertrey Ink.

I stamped two of the set’s skinny triangle “ray” images in Harvest Gold ink on a Harvest Gold circle. I definitely need more practice with this set! Fortunately, the smaller circle that I stamped and attached with foam tape hides where I didn’t line things up too well . . . For a sun-like sparkle, I gave the stamped shape a few squirts of shimmer spray—so pretty IRL!

The rest of the card’s pretty simple. I used an Aqua Mist card base, then added some dotted Aqua Mist paper to the top of the card. A strip of kraft cardstock, tied with a little baker’s twine, runs the length of the card with the image panel set over that. I combined two different sentiments from the set to create the “you are my sunshine” sentiment you see here. That phrase always makes me think of my late, great Cosmo the crazy dog. When he was sick or recovering from one of his many surgeries, I used to lie on the floor next to him and sing it to him to soothe him. Even with my awful singing voice, it always seemed to do the trick when he was agitated. He definitely was my sunshine!  Right now, Chloe the cutie puppy's not on my sunshine list.  Yesterday she stole and ate a sandwich at her doggy day care, then followed that up with chasing and catching a wild baby bunny in the backyard.  She is a handful . . .

Materials Used:
Hello Sunshine stamp set, Harvest Gold and Hawaiian Shores inks, Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist Bitty Dot patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); Caribbean baker’s twine (The Twinery); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips