Thursday, June 21, 2012

You're an All-Star

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge. I used the sketch along with the Captain Coach image for this masculine card.

The coach is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the papers I used on the card. The print on the blue paper looks kind of like a star to me, so it seemed like a good match for the image. I machine stitched around the edges of the two paper panels underneath the image, then added the image panel on top.

The set’s “you’re an all-star” sentiment is stamped on a narrow gold strip that runs across the image panel. It’s unusual for me to place a sentiment right over an image like this, but it was the way the sketch was drawn and worked with the tall image, so I went with it. I found a glittered chipboard star to use as an accent at the top of the image panel. A little bit of glitter’s okay on a masculine card, right?

Materials Used: 
Moonlight Whispers Captain Coach stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Marina Mist and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Chap-Scott designer paper (American Crafts); silver glittered chipboard star (Recollections); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips