Sunday, July 8, 2012

Color Me Happy

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  I was drawn to the non-traditional size of this card and thought it would be perfect for one of my favorite Kraftin' Kimmie Moonlight Whispers images, which is nice and tall like the card.

I colored Lola da Vinci with Copic markers, then edged her with a strip of patterned kraft paper that I'd punched with a decorative border punch.  The set's "color me happy" sentiment is stamped in black ink on a piece of light blue dotted paper that I slipped underneath the kraft strip. A strip of knotted red grosgrain ribbon sets the patterns off from the image panel.

Since the card is 6 1/2" tall, I didn't have cardstock that was tall enough to score at the center to make a card base.  Instead, I cut a piece of Ocean Tides cardstock just over 7" long and used the same decorative border punch along one edge as I used on the kraft paper.  Once I'd punched the edge, I scored the cardstock panel so that the decorative edge could fold over on to another piece of Ocean Tides cardstock.  I set all of the other pieces--image panel and patterned pieces on this piece of cardstock, then used adhesive on the back of the decorative edged section to adhere the two pieces together.  Some clear crystal strips add a little sparkly finishing touch to the design.

Materials Used:
Lola da Vinci stamp set (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft Funday 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Island Mist Double Dot (BoBunny); clear crystals (Recollections); Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Deco Edge border punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips