Saturday, July 7, 2012

Great Job

Here's a fun card I made for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use text and the current I Spy Sketch challenge.  The sketch has several layers, but I think I kept it clean and simple!

The image panel uses the chubby crayon image from the Paper Smooches Smarty Pants stamp set.  I colored each one with different Copic markers to create a rainbow array.  I matted it on a kraft panel, then used dimensional dots to set it over a panel of text patterned paper, also matted on kraft.  The edges of the patterned paper were inked with some distress ink to add a warm tone to the panel.  I stamped the set's "great job" sentiment underneath the crayon panel, then wrapped some green baker's twine around it, securing it with a bow.

Instead of using a paper panel for the long strip underneath the text layer, I used a little cream twill.  It's looped at the top and notched at the bottom to add interest.  The green card base makes this one gender-neutral, so I'll keep it handy in my stash until just the right occasion comes along.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersPaper Smooches Smarty Pants stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, B00, B02, B04, Y11, Y14, Y18, YG01, YG03, YG05, YR12, YR15, YR16), Studio Calico Classic Calico 6x6 paper pad, May Arts ivory twill, Divine Twine Green Apple baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Certainly Celery and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Lori this is totally adorable! I love the pop of colors in the crayons! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say a GREAT job on this one, too, Lori! In fact, it's an A plus from me! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright crayons and the text paper! Great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUper cuteness! Love the text background with the bright, fun crayons! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect font with those adorable chubby crayons! :) Thanks for joining in at I Spy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, this is darling Lori! I love those colorful crayons with the pale green base. And your texty panel is fab! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute:)!! Wonderfully colorful! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! Wonderful memories of childhood with a fresh new box of crayons! There was nothing better :) Thanks for playing along this week over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips