Friday, July 27, 2012

One of My Favorite Things

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went pretty simple on this one, using a bold sentiment stamp and a mix of patterned papers for my design.

The sentiment is from the My Favorite Sentiments set. I love the bold, graphic design of the sentiments in this set! Here, I used the “you are one of my favorite things” sentiment, stamped in red ink on a white panel, then layered on a teal panel—the teal gives it a nice pop.

Underneath the sentiment, I used a kraft paper with a number print to go along with the numeral seen in the sentiment. The panel is wrapped with twine that I secured with a red button and a bow. I embossed a red panel with a dot pattern to place under the the sentiment. The panels are arranged on a kraft paper with a red star pattern and set on a teal card base. The red and teal pick up the colors from the number patterned paper and really tie the design together.

Materials Used: 
My Favorite Sentiments set (My Favorite Things); Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko); Riding Hood Red, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft Funday 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Polka Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Caribbean baker’s twine (The Twinery); red button, brown grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips