Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tree Trio Thank You

Here’s my card for the current Paper Smooches Sparks "picture perfect" inspiration challenge. I was inspired by the earthy background seen in the trio of panels as well as the trio of circle-topped flower stems. My interpretation uses circle top tree trunks, but I hope you can still see how I was inspired!

The card’s background is made with a kraft cardstock panel inked with a combination of green, blue, and brown distress inks. I’m not a distress ink expert, but I’m trying to figure out how to use them on my projects in a variety of ways—and I really like how this turned out. I also randomly added some little dark brown spots with my long-neglected color spritzer tool.

Once I finished the background panel, I added the tree trio from the Spring Groves set. The trees are colored with Copic markers and attached to the panel with dimensional dots. The “many thanks” sentiment from the Word Salad set is stamped next to the trees in black ink. The panels in the inspiration photo are simply a panel with an image, so I decided to leave my card similarly uncluttered and just set the panel on a dark brown card base.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Spring Groves and Word Salad stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (E23, E25, E31, YG01, YG93, YG95, YG97), Sticky Thumb dimensional dots
other: Crumb Cake and Dark Chocolate cardstock; Chocolate Chip marker; color spritzer tool (Stampin’ Up!); Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, and Vintage Photo distress inks (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you did the background. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHH! Your distress ink technique is AMAZING! Please share your secrets! AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZING!!

    LOVE those trees!! LOVE this card:) THANKS for playing along and joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips