Saturday, July 7, 2012

*Warm* Winter Wishes

It's been a long hot stretch here in the DC area and my stamping room is the coolest place in the house, so I plan to spend a lot of the weekend hanging out there.  To help keep cool, I thought I'd stamp something wintery, so I came up with this card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.

I used the skating girl from the Frosty Fun set as my focal image.  She's colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on a piece of purple cardstock with a strip of shimmery silver "ice" along the bottom.

I colored the image to coordinate with some winter papers from an older Cosmo Cricket collection--they're a little non-traditional, but that made them fun to work with.  I used the busier pattern to cover most of the cardfront, then used a smaller coordinating purple dotted piece for the panel in the upper left corner of the card.  I stamped a section of one of the set's sentiments to get the "warm winter wishes" sentiment seen on the notch-ended strip at the bottom of the image panel. The felt snowflake was found in my collection of already cut embellishments left over from other projects--and the little crystal at the center was already in place, too.  I love when things come together perfectly like that!

Materials Used:
Frosty Fun stamp set (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); shimmery silver paper, clear crystal (Recollections); Mitten Weather 6x6 paper pad (Cosmo Cricket); snowflake die (Papertrey Ink); silver gel pen (Sakura); white felt; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Lori - I have always loved those papers. Great minds think alike I guess as I've used this image for the sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute, love how you used this image and the sketch. The colors are so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips