Monday, July 23, 2012

You Are Special

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge.  This one came together in less than fifteen minutes from start to finish based on the sketch provided.

I used one of the butterfly dies from the Butterflies 1 set from Clear and Simple Stamps to make a butterfly shaped opening in a piece of pink and white designer paper--and noticed one of my dies from the set is missing --ugh!  I set the die cut panel on a slightly larger pink cardstock panel, then stamped the matching broken line butterfly image inside the opening to give it a little more definition.

For a feminine touch, I attached a pearl flourish behind the butterfly.  The "you are special" sentiment from the coordinating Butterfly Garden 1 stamp set is stamped in the lower right hand corner of the panel in gray ink.  I wish I'd stamped it just a tiny bit higher up on the panel . . .  I set the layered panels on a white card base to finish it off.

Materials Used:
Butterfly Garden stamp set, Butterflies 1 stamp and die set, You're Such a Gray-cious Host ink, I'm a Princess Pink and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Handmade-Thimble designer paper (Lily Bee Design); pearl flourish (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips