Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Eek

***Scroll down or click HERE to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.***

Here's my card for this week's SCS sketch challenge.  Yes, it's a little early for Halloween cards, but I just got some fun Halloween products from i {heart} papers and wanted to see it in action.  This little scrappy card came together in no time at all!

I used a piece of striped paper from Authentique's new Enchanted paper for the large circle panel on the cardfront.  I love the patterns and the distressed look of these papers, even though distressed stuff isn't usually my style. The circle's layered on an orange mat, then on a kraft panel with machine stitched edges. 

I ran a strip of cream twill across the card, then added a trio of spider buttons as embellishments.  The spiders' eyes are filled in with dots of Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls--looks better IRL than in my photo!  I stamped the "eek" sentiment from the new Paper Smooches Spookalicious stamp set on a kraft panel and layered it on a black strip, then set it on the cardfront.  I think I probably should have made the strip narrower, so I may go back and trim it down later on . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersPaper Smooches Spookalicious stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Authentique 6x6 Enchanted paper pad, May Arts ivory twill, Ranger Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls

other:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); spider buttons (Blumenthal Lansing); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips