Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy Bird-day

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I used one of the sweet Pure Innocence images to make a cheery birthday card to add to my stash.

The girlie's colored with Copic markers.  As I look at the photo now, I realize I forgot to fill in the little heart on her dress--I meant to add some glitter to it, but it's too late for photo purposes . . .

I used some bold patterned paper to cover most of the aqua card base.  Since the pattern was large and busy, I used solid cardstock strips for the three panels along the card's right side.  The set's "happy bird-day" sentiment is stamped in teal ink on the bottom strip.  After placing the image panel to cover the strips' uneven lengths and edges, I added a bright orange felt flower with a clear crystal center as an accent.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence You're so Tweet stamp set (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Orange Zest felt (Papertrey Ink); Citrus Kick-Orange Slices designer paper (SEI); circle dies (Spellbinders); CutUps Flower Buttons die (The Cat's Pajamas); clear crystal (Darice)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips