Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's Your Birthday

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used the new Mouse in the House It’s Your Birthday stamp set for this sweet card that's perfect for a little girl's birthday.

I stamped the set’s mouse image on a white panel, then colored the image with Copic markers. The top layer of the cake and the candle’s flame are covered with glitter for a little sparkle. The “it’s your birthday” sentiment is stamped in the upper right corner of the panel—I had just enough room left to fit it in!

I used a pair of papers from a My Mind’s Eye paper pad for the panels on the cardfront. The bottom of the card’s edged with a strip of lighter aqua cardstock topped with a scalloped strip. As an accent, I threaded some satin ribbon through a matching button and added that at the lower left corner of the image panel for a final girly touch.

Materials Used:
Mouse in the House It’s Your Birthday stamp set (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Miss Caroline-Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Dazzling Diamonds, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Coral Necklace button (Clear and Simple Stamps; clear crystal (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips