Thursday, August 30, 2012

You Color My World

Here’s my card for this week’s Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I used this week’s Retro Sketches sketch for my design along with including several elements from the inspiration photo, like a gridded pattern and multiple bold colors.

The inspiration photo featured a multicolored sofa and I don’t have any Paper Smooches stamps with a home interior or seating theme, so I decided to work from the "color" angle. I used dimensional dots to attach a crayon image from the Smarty Pants set to a piece of grid patterned paper. The grid pattern’s a nod to the little squares of color on the sofa. It's actually cut from one of the journaling/title card pages included in the paper pad--as a cardmaker, I usually have a hard time finding a use for these, so I was glad to find a way to fit one into a card! I used a marker to draw a squiggly line extending from the crayon, then stamped the “you color my world” sentiment from the Word Salad set underneath the image.

I attached a multicolor striped patterned paper strip to a kraft card base, then added the grid panel on top. To keep the design simple while still adding a little interest, I clipped a big paper clip to the top of the grid paper and accented it with a piece of knotted cream twill and attached a pair of silver brads at the end of the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Smarty Pants and Word Salad stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YG01, YG03, YG05), Simple Stories Harvest Lane 6x6 paper pad, May Arts ivory twill, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); paper clip

3 comments:

  1. I love this card, Lori! Great take on the PS Sparks challenge photo! Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! I love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this picture inspiration! LOVE the papers and your design! FUN! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips