Thursday, September 6, 2012

All Star

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I’m sticking with the sports theme I started with my entry for the guest designer challenge last week, using the a la mode All Star set for my card.

I stamped the girl on white cardstock, colored her in with Copic markers and carefully cut her out. She’s attached to an aqua circle with foam tape. The set’s "all star" sentiment is stamped directly on her banner.

I covered an aqua card base with some argyle patterned paper that matched the colors of the image.  A big pennant shape, handcut from golden yellow cardstock, fills most of the panel. I layered the image panel over the pennant, adding some twill strips along the top edge of the card to give it some texture. A sparkly chipboard star set at the bottom of the image panel finishes things off.

Materials Used: 
a la mode All Star stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, and Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Fine & Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); orange twill, white glittered chipboard star (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips