Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hello, My Pretty

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I inked up the Pure Innocence Little Witch set for the sketch--I think I've had her since last year, but hadn't used her until this card.

The witch is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the black and orange colors I picked for the rest of the card.  I used a pair of patterned papers from a Teresa Collins Halloween collection to cover most of the cardfront and for the the pattern behind the image. 

To add texture and a little shine, I used black satin ribbon for the strips across the panel.  Once I had the image panel in place over the ribbon strips, I added the partial circle with the set's "hello, my pretty" sentiment at the bottom of the image panel.  Since my image panel was pretty large, I ended up shifting the placement of the two little embellishments near the top of the card to run vertically instead of horizontally.  The two teeny crystals add a final touch of sparkle to the design.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Little Witch stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Haunted  Hallows 6x6 paper pad (Teresa Collins); circle punch (EK Success); black satin ribbon, clear crystals (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips