Sunday, September 2, 2012

Oh, Hello

Here's a quick Halloween card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on the card seen here.  I kept the layout pretty much the same, but simplified the design even more for my version.

I got the Market Street Stamps Halloween set I used for this card late in the "Halloween season" last year, so I didn't get a chance to use it much, but I'm going to make sure to use it more this year!  I made the not so spooky spider my focal image, stamping it directly on the patterned paper panel and also stamping it on a piece of white cardstock.  I colored the body with Copic markers, cut it out, and used dimensional dots to attach it to the panel.  I stamped the set's "oh, hello" sentiment in Pear Tart ink on a white notch-ended strip and set that at the opposite side of the panel.

I matted the patterned paper panel on purple cardstock, then set it on a fun plaid paper from a new Doodlebug Design Halloween paper pad.   Once the panel was in place, I added a white button, tied with orange baker's twine, at the bottom of the image panel to complete the visual triangle.

Materials Used: 
from i {heart} papersMarket Street Stamps Sweet Spooks stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Pear Tart inks, Copic markers (R20, C00, C-1, C-3, C-5), Doodlebug Design Haunted Manor 6x6 paper pad, Divine Twine orange baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Elegant Eggplant cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white button (Michaels)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, what a cute CAS card. It is just perfect. Thank you for sharing with us. You have inspired me:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips