Saturday, September 1, 2012

Time to Celebrate

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used the a la modes Time to Celebrate stamp set for this girly birthday card.

I colored the a la modes image with Copic markers, making the cake a yummy looking chocolate with sweet pink icing.  The panels on the card pick up the shades of pink and red used on the image panel.  Both patterned paper pieces come from an Echo Park paper pad.  They're matted on red panels to set them off from each other and from the pale pink panel they're adhered to. 

I edged the left side of the card with a solid red strip, dividing it from the rest of the panel with a border punched strip.  The set's "time to celebrate" sentiment is stamped on a mini tab die cut piece with a decorative edge to add interest to the design.  For an embellishment, I found a sparkly flower with a pink crystal at the center that matched my color scheme perfectly and was a nice final girly element for the design.

Materials Used:
a la modes Time to Celebrate stamp set, Die-namics mini tab die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Happy Days 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); glitter flower (Petaloo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips