Friday, September 28, 2012

Trick or Treat

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I created a non-traditional colored Halloween card using one of the Pure Innocence cuties.

I stamped the bee costumed girl on white cardstock, colored her in with Copic markers, and added a little Stickles sparkle to the costume’s wings. The “trick or treat” sentiment from the Spider Web set fit perfectly in the open space on the right side of the panel.

Instead of going with a traditional Halloween color scheme for the card, I used one that matches the colors of the bee costume. The two patterned papers are from an Authentique collection and I added coordinating neutrals and some yellow to the mix for the rest of the panels. A trio of clear crystals under the yellow patterned paper panel adds just a little more sparkle to the design.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Honey Bee and Spider Web stamp sets, Die-namics Fishtail Stax die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); So Saffron, Sahara Sand, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Blissful 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); clear crystals (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips