Sunday, September 30, 2012

Triple Time Doily Hello

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on this triple time stamped design seen here.  I tried this technique for the first time yesterday at the shoebox swap I attended and now that I know how it's done, I figured I'd give it another try.

My version uses two of the doily images from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Large Doily set.  I stamped the doily images in two shades of blue ink on a trio of white panels. After the ink dried, I separated the layers, then matted each one on a navy blue cardstock layer.  The smallest two layers have a piece of white seam binding tied around them.  I also left room to stamp the "hello" sentiment from the Compact Sentiments set on the smallest panel.  The blue's not necessarily a feminine color, but by using a dark and a lighter shade along with the soft white seam binding, the card does have a feminine look.

Materials Used:
Large Doily and Compact Sentiments stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Marina Mist Classic ink, Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko); white seam binding

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips