Saturday, September 22, 2012

You Make the Grade

This week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps challenge is hosted by Kim O.  She wants us to use FALL COLORS!! Well, I guess it is officially fall as of today, so let's get into the spirit!! Don't you love the cooler temperatures, going for walks in woolly sweaters and watching the leaves turn?? SO much fun! Have some krafty fun and join us this week because we'd LOVE to see your KKS designs. We hope you can play along!!!to use fall colors.

As a teacher, fall screams “back to school” to me, so I used Bookworm Jaime along  with this week’s Mojo Monday sketch for my challenge card.  I started off with a piece of apple patterned paper I found in my stash. The paper’s colors seemed like a good fall combination, especially with a school-themed image. I colored Jaime with Copic markers, then carefully cut her out. She’s attached to a golden yellow panel with foam tape.

I used a few different colors of solid cardstock for the layered elements to the right of the image panel so that the card wouldn’t be too busy. To add interest, I used my Lacy Circles dies to create a doily-like circle from kraft cardstock for one of the pieces and attached a strip of dotted decorative tape to the green paper strip before adding them to the card. Once the pieces were in place, I stamped the “you make the grade” sentiment that comes with the Miss Information image in red ink on a notch-ended kraft strip and attached it to the card underneath Jaime’s feet. I accented the strip with a twine-tied button.

In other Kraftin' Kimmie news, have you heard about the upcoming KRAFTY DAY with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps?? You can find out all the details about our annual krafty good time, with make and takes, food, fun, door prizes...and even Annie Rodrigue herself....right HERE!!! Hope you can join us on October 20th in London, Ontario! Spots are limited and tickets are already selling fast!!  I wish I lived a bit closer so I could join in the fun . . .

And, don't forget about this weekend's FRUGAL FRIDAY SPECIALS at 30-50% OFF !! We've got SIX of our awesome stamps on SALE for you this weekend! So head on over and check it out!! Also our NEW Holiday Release is NOW available with lots of fantastic images from all of our artists!  The September Gimme Kimmies Kits are up as well, but only for a limited time!

Be sure to stop by the Kraftin’ Kimmie blog to check out the details on this week’s challenge and to see what the rest of the amazing Krafty Girls and guests have created.

Materials Used:
Bookworm Jaime and Moonlight Whispers Miss Information stamp sets (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, and Cranberry Crisp cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Autumn Afternoon-A Is for Apple designer paper (Scribble Scrabble); Lacey Circle and Circle dies (Spellbinders); green button, decorative tape (Michaels); hemp twine (Hemptique); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips