Monday, September 17, 2012

You're So Bright

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays black and white plus one challenge.  I've been loving yellow lately, even though it's a color you'll never, ever see me wear, so I had to pair it with black and white for this quick, cheery design.

I made my own black and white patterned paper by repeatedly stamping the light bulb image from the Bright Side set on a white panel.  I stamped one more bulb on a cardstock scrap, colored it with Copic markers and cut it out.  To give it a fun "glow," I lightly sprayed the bulb with some Dandelion Fireworks shimmer spray.  The single bulb is attached over one on the stamped panel using dimensional dots.  I stamped the "you're so bright" sentiment from the Teacher Notes stamp set on a yellow notch-ended strip and added that extending out from the brightly glowing bulb.  The panel's set on a black mat, then on a yellow card base for a nice pop of color.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Market Street Stamps Bright Side and Teacher Notes stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Dandelion Fireworks, Copic markers (Y000, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, C-1, C-3), Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Yoyo Yellow and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect! Love love it, Lori! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME, LORI! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card. Love the glow on the bulb. Thanks so much for joining us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab and trendy - perfect! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips