Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lots of Love

Here are my cards for this month’s last two Viva la Verve sketches.  I made two love-themed cards with different color schemes using the sketches.

For this one, I used two coordinating patterned papers from the same paper pad for the strip that runs along the left side of the card. Once I had the two prints in place, the card came together in no time at all. I set the patterned pieces on a red strip, then attached the strip to a gray card base. I die cut a red felt heart using Verve’s Jotted Heart die and set the heart over the heart patterned paper.

For the pair of notch-ended strips, I used two different types of materials. For the top one, I stamped the “I love you” sentiment from the Making a Statement set in gray ink on a white cardstock strip. So that the color of the strip would look more like the background of the patterned papers, I inked the edges of the strip with some distress inks before attaching it to the cardfront. The second strip is a piece of stitched red velvet ribbon. I love the pop of color and texture it adds to the design!

Materials Used:
Making a Statement stamp set, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Loves Me 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Pure Poppy felt (Papertrey Ink); red velvet stitched ribbon (Michaels)

And, here’s my card for this month’s last sketch. I kept it clean and simple and used the same heart die again—it was still out on my table, so it worked!

I used a soft pink and gray color scheme for the design.  The card base and the patterned paper panel are almost a perfect match!  To set the pattern off from the base, I matted it on a gray panel before attaching it to the card.

I die cut a heart from cream felt, then adhered it to the cardfront.  I used some pieces of crystal flourish to accent it, then stamped the "be mine" sentiment from the Love Notes set in gray ink next to the heart.  Simple, but it gets the point across!

Materials Used:
Love Notes stamp set, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Sweet Blush cardstock, felt(Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Style Essentials-Lt. Pink Quatrefoil designer paper (Echo Park); clear crystal flourish (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips