Monday, October 29, 2012

Super Star

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge.  The challenge to stamp collage style was really a challenge for me!  I put this one together quickly late last night since I was uncertain how long I'd have power with the big storm arriving in the area.  It was probably good that I didn't give myself much time--if I had, I'd probably have agonized over it for a long time.

The first part of the challenge was finding stamps to use.  I don't have many traditional collage style stamps, so I went in a slightly different direction.  I used a trio of sports themed sets from Papertrey Ink on a kraft card base for a masculine one layer card.

I stamped the largest image, the pennant, first then added the football and "superstar" sentiment.  A trio of blue stars, arranged in a triangle added a few more elements while still keeping the look clean.  I inked the card's edges with some distress ink, then rubbed a white ink pad along the edges to soften the look.  I'm not sure how I feel about this one, but at least I gave it a try.

Materials Used:
All-Star Team, All-Star Team Additions and Have a Ball stamp sets, Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Nautical Blue, Rich Cocoa, and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips