Monday, October 1, 2012

Wish Big

Here's my card for this week's Clean and Simple Stamping sketch challenge.  I went super clean and simple on this one, using just cardstock scraps and a little strip of patterned washi tape.

I mixed and matched scraps from my scrap pile, looking for shades that would work on a masculine card.  Once I found a color combination I liked, I cut scraps into various widths and arranged them on a cream panel. 

Instead of using a cardstock scrap for the narrowest pattern, I decided to use some star patterned washi tape.  I'd thought about using a strip of twill to add texture, but in the end, the star patterned washi tape won out.  The "wish big" sentiment from the Big Greetings set from My Favorite Things is stamped on a cream notch-ended panel and attached over the pieced panel.  I layered the completed strip on a Sahara Sand base.  It worked nicely as a neutral backdrop for the color palette.

Materials Used:
Big Greetings stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko); Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); decorative tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips