Saturday, October 27, 2012

You Are So Polished

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went super girlie for this one, using the a la modes Polished to Perfection set with a pastel color palette.

The girl is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the pastel papers I used for the card. The set’s “you are perfectly polished” sentiment is stamped along the right edge of the image panel.

I flipped the sketch to accommodate the orientation of the image. The image is set at an angle over a piece of plaid patterned paper topped with a solid yellow strip. Each panel is matted with celery cardstock for a cohesive look, then set on the rose cardfront. I found the rose and yellow felt flowers in my “already die cut” collection and layered them to create the embellishment at the bottom of the image panel. I added the clear crystal to the center for a little sparkle, along with a trio of smaller ones at the right edge of the card.

Materials Used:
a la modes Polished to Perfection stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Regal Rose, Barely Banana, and Certainly cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Time for Spring 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); CutUps Button Flower dies, felt (The Cat’s Pajamas); clear crystals (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. Your coloring is sooo beautiful, Lori....your really brought that adorable image to life!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips