Sunday, November 18, 2012

Every One of My Thoughts

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  I used a pair of contrasting polka dotted papers along with one of Verve's fabulous sentiments to put this one together.

The sentiment is from the Always on my Mind set.  I stamped it in gray ink on an aqua notch-ended strip.  The gray gives it a less harsh look than black would, but still shows up well against the aqua. 

The sentiment panel is layered over an aqua card base that I covered with two dotted patterned papers.  I picked papers with different scale patterns to add interest.  Some heart patterned washi tape in the same aqua and berry tones as the patterned paper runs across the sentiment panel.  I added a tiny felt heart as an accent.  It adds just a little texture and breaks up the patterns a bit, too.

Materials Used:
Always on My Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Aqua Mist and Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); This & That-Graceful 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Fishtail Flags Stax and Fishtail Flags Stax Layerz dies (My Favorite Things); felt heart (American Crafts); decorative tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips