Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm Your Biggest Fan

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  For the second week in a row it's a scrappy one, but this one's a masculine design instead of a feminine one.

I used the All Star stamp and coordinating Die-namics dies to put this one together.  The red card base is covered with a pair of panels--one kraft and one plaid patterned, joined with machine stitching around the edges. 

I die cut a red Fishtail Flags panel and placed it on the cardfront over the two papers.  Instead of stamping an image or a large sentiment, I die cut a football from brown cardstock and stamped the laces on it in white ink, then adhered it to the red strip along with a twine threaded button.  The "I'm your biggest fan" sentiment is stamped underneath it in brown ink.  I kept the embellishments simple--just a die cut kraft tab and a trio of copper brads--to finish the masculine look.

Materials Used:
All Star stamp and die set, Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax, and Mini Tabs Foursome dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Riding Hood Red and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow ink, Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); copper brads (Michaels); hemp twine (Hemptique); sewing machine; blue button

And, here’s my card for this month’s guest designer challenge. I don’t think this one’s a winner, but I like how it turned out anyway.

I had a bunch of die cut arrows on my table from a card I’d made earlier, so I decided to incorporate some of them into the card’s design. I used a circle punch to make 4 openings in a piece of checked cardstock, then set the arrows on a piece of coordinating aqua cardstock, arranging them so they’d show through the openings. The panel is layered over a green panel with a strip of green dotted paper along the bottom.

To go with the arrows, I stamped the “wow” sentiment from the Say What  set in green ink on a green strip and set it on a blue notch ended strip, scored and folded for some dimension. The sentiment is set in the middle of the arrows with foam tape.

Materials Used:
Say What stamp set, Die-namics Lead the Way dies (My Favorite Things); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Clearsnap); Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Simply Chartreuse and Aqua Mist patterned papers (Papertrey Ink); circle punch (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Both of your cards are amazing but the one with the arrows is very COOL!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips