Monday, November 5, 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS-November Trend Watch

***Scroll down or click HERE to see my post for today's Clear and Simple Stamps Release in Review.***


Today's my first post as a member of the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge design team and I'm so excited to be joining the other talented team members in bringing you inspiration for the next six months! This week's challenge is a Trend Watch challenge based on the photo seen here.

Here's my card inspired by the photo.  Instead of creating a full subway art style panel, I created a chalkboard to serve as a background for the teacher image from the Paper Smooches Smarty Pants set.  The image is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set in front of the chalkboard panel with dimensional dots.  To add a little interest to the image, I paper pieced the tie with a scrap of dotted paper and covered the lenses of his glasses with Glossy Accents, too.

The chalkboard is a piece  of black chalkstock paper.  I edged it with kraft strips with mitered edges for an old-fashioned chalkboard style look.  The "thanks teacher" sentiment is stamped on the panel in white pigment ink.

Here are the other team members posting today.  Be sure to stop by and see what they've created:
Ashley Marcu
Jessica Davis
Nina Yang
Savannah O'Gwynn

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Smarty Pants stamp set, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (B41, B45, E000, E00, E11, E31, E35), Echo Park Winter Wishes 6x6 paper pad, Canvas Corp. chalkstock, Ranger Glossy Accents, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

Other: Fresh Snow ink, Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Little Boy Blue cardstock (Gina K Designs); mini brads (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Your card is PERFECT for the inspiriation photo! Love it!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOOVE this! I love that little teacher--his tie literally cracks me up every time I see this card!!! You nailed this challenge! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is so cute! I just love the chalkboard you created...that was a seriously clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips