Friday, December 7, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Week 285

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “make a scene.” I used a new stamp set from Paper Smooches called Woofers & Tweeters to make a little scene for my focal image.

I stamped two of the set’s dog images on white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers, then cut out the colored images. They’re arranged on a panel with patterned paper grass and sky. The papers are from a Carta Bella paper pad--they're basically lightly distressed solids that are perfect backgrounds for a scene.  I added a little bone with a green twine bow between the two dogs.

The panel is layered on a blue card base with a navy blue and kraft panels to set it off a bit.  I used some green striped twill and a coordinating green button as accents.  The set's "for my best pal" sentiment is stamped underneath the image in blue ink.

I thought it was especially appropriate to post a dog-themed card today since today marks 3 years since I lost my Cosmo the crazy dog.  As much as he was a handful with all of his quirky behaviors and his medical issues, he was a special boy.  As has become our tradition on this day, I'll be leaving work a little early this afternoon so I can take Chloe the cutie puppy to the dog park to play before it gets dark.  Watching her where she's happiest makes me feel a little better about missing him. It's funny how in so many ways, she's his polar opposite--but every once in a while, she does something so Cosmo-like that I have to shake my head.

For more scenic projects, check out the link list below. And, feel free to create your own new project featuring a scene and add it to the list.

Materials Used: 
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Woofers & Tweeters stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks, Copic markers (E23, E25, E31, E33, E35, E41, E42, E43), Carta Bella Traditions 6x6 paper pad, May Arts celery striped twill, Divine Twine Green Apple baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Soft Sky, Old Olive, and Not Quite Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint distress inks (Ranger); green button (Michaels); hemp twine (Hemptique)

3 comments:

  1. cute, love how you used the ribbon on that-I have a few of those colors but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute scene Lori-love the ribbon you used

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, love those dogs! Fab design!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips