Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Classic Happy Holidays

Here’s my card for this week’s Viva la Verve sketch. I’m doing a good job at keeping up this month—it’s the second full week of December and I have my card for the second sketch ready to go already!

This one’s a holiday card featuring pretty traditional Christmas-like colors. I used two different patterns from a Simple Stories holiday paper collection, matted on a linen colored cardstock, for the card’s large panels. The edges of the patterned papers are inked with distress inks for a warm feel. They’re adhered to an artichoke card base, which contrasts nicely with the linen mats. I stamped the “happy holidays” sentiment from Verve’s Frosty Flakes set in green ink on a cream panel, then added that over the patterned paper strips. It’s accented with a kraft felt snowflake with a sparkly crystal center.

Materials Used:
Frosty Flakes stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Pistachio ink (Tsukineko); Tea Dye and Antique Linen distress inks (Ranger); Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fine Linen cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips