Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hanukkah Fun

I put together this Hanukkah tag last night for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a holiday tag.  I used the new 8 Happy Days stamp set from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps for the tag.  I'm always excited to get my hands on a great new stamp set that I can use for Jewish holiday celebrations!

I die cut the tag base from light blue cardstock, then added a narrow strip of navy cardstock and a piece of decorative tape at the bottom.  The set's "Happy Hanukkah"sentiment is stamped just above the navy strip in navy ink. 

I stamped the dreidel image on a scrap of kraft cardstock, then rubbed on some Tea Dye distress ink to get the look of a traditional wooden dreidel.  It's attached to the tag with foam tape.  To make a trail for the dreidel, I cut a section from a larger crystal flourish and adhered it to the tag next to the dreidel.  I guess it's about time to start looking for a present (or two) to go with the tag . . .

Materials Used:
8 Happy Days stamp set (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps); Memento Nautical Blue and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Bashful Blue and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); tag die (My Favorite Things) decorative tape, crystal flourish, navy satin ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Lori, I love your tag using CFS! The decorative tape on the bottom is perfect. Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing use of the Hanukkah set! Love this tag. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your shout out. This is a fab tag, and I will case it, now that I have that set. Happy Chanukah!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips