Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Anchor

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I stretched the square sketch into a tall A2 card for this sweet design.

I used the girl from the a la mode You Anchor Me set as my focal image. I colored the image with Copic markers to coordinate with the reds and blues I used on the rest of the card. The “your love is my anchor” sentiment is stamped along the edge of the panel.

I used a piece of blue and red patterned paper from a nautical themed paper collection for the large panel behind the image. The patterned paper and the image panel are both matted on blue cardstock and layered on a kraft panel. I used red for the accent strips for a nice pop of color. A pair of silver brads sits above the red grosgrain ribbon.

Materials Used:
a la mode You Anchor Me stamp set, Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Real Red and Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Fresh 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); red grosgrain ribbon, silver brads (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips