Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Party Like a Rockstar

***Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my post for today's Clear and Simple Stamps group project.***


It was a snowy, slushy, cold day here--perfect for staying inside for stamping!  That's exactly what I did after coming home from a quick trip to the vet with Chloe the cutie puppy.  I got a few things created for upcoming posts and I played along with Mama Elephant's color challenge to use aqua, red, white, and glitter.

My card's pretty clean and simple, with the trio of glittery stars taking center stage.  I thought they went well with the "party like a rockstar" sentiment from the Mama Elephant Good Times set.  After arranging the die cut stars on a white panel, I added the sentiment next to them in red ink.

To add a little pattern to the mix, I placed two strips of decorative tape at the top left corner of the panel.  I accented them with a trio of glittery circles, cut from the leftovers I had when die cutting the stars.  The panel is set on an aqua card base, leaving just a small strip of the aqua visible along the left side.

Materials Used:
Good Times stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver glitter paper (Michaels); CutUps 3x3 Stars dies (The Cat's Pajamas); aqua striped decorative tape (Target); red dotted decorative tape

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lori! I think you pulled together the perfect ensemble of washi, stars, and sentiment for this card! It's way cool! Thanks for playing with ME!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips