Friday, December 7, 2012

Retro Thanks

Here’s my card for this week’s Retro Sketches challenge. I stretched the sketch’s square shape to a standard A2 card and paired it with one of the large speech bubbles from the Market Street Stamps My Thoughts Exactly set.

The speech bubble is stamped in gray ink and cut out. I stamped the “thanks” sentiment in red ink inside the bubble for a nice contrast with the gray. I used several different patterned papers from the same patterned paper pad for the panels behind the speech bubble. I probably should have rounded all of the corners to match the rounded shape of the speech bubble . . . Once the panel with the speech bubble was in place over the patterned paper, I added a strip of light blue faux suede ribbon and a red button, tied with red baker’s twine, as accents.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps My Thoughts Exactly stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Gray Flannel and Lady Bug inks, My Mind’s Eye Quilting Bee 6x6 paper pad, May Arts light blue faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine red baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

1 comment:

  1. Lori this is adorable! I love the patterns and the colors! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips