Monday, December 17, 2012

Tips and Tricks with Clear and Simple Stamps

Today I’m sharing a clean and simple design I made from start to finish in 5 steps, along with some design tips using stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps.  My card features images from the Across the Miles set along with a few coordinating dies.

Here's how I put the card together:
1. Make card base from My Style Blueprint cardstock (probably my favorite color right now!).
2. Die cut balloon from white cardstock using die from Across the Miles set. Stamp with matching image from Across the Miles set and color with Copic markers.
3. Die cut cloud from Clouds Combo set and teeny, tiny heart from the Build a Critter Owl/Kitty die set.
4. Adhere patterned paper panel to cardfront. Adhere felt cloud to patterned paper, then use foam tape to attach hot air balloon and heart.
 5. Stamp “love is in the air” sentiment in Haute Red Couture ink underneath patterned paper panel.

And, here are a few of the things I think about when planning and creating a clean and simple design--I’m not an expert by any means, but these are the things that come to my mind as I'm working. First, I try to have one clear focal point. Here, the patterned paper strip really helps define it. This is one of my favorite layouts for clean and simple designs with small images! I also try to add little dimension and/or texture. Felt, twine, buttons, and elements raised with foam tape work great for this. I also incorporated a few other rules of design, including the rule of threes (the 3 clustered elements on the patterned paper panel) and the rule of thirds (where the images are placed on the card). 

For more CSS inspiration, be sure to check out the CSS iPhone/iTouch app. A new project is shared daily, complete with step by step instructions. Here’s a sneak peek of my project that's on the app today. You can get all the info on downloading the app here.

Materials Used:
Across the Miles stamp set, Haute Red Couture and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, My Style Blueprint and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, R27, E31, E33, E35), Across the Miles, Clouds Combo, and Build a Critter Owl/Kitty dies, white felt (Clear and Simple Stamps); Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips