Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hey There, Sunshine

The new year's barely underway and I already have my card done for January's first Viva la Verve sketch challenge!  With all the chilly--and snowy/slushy--weather we've had over the past two weeks, I decided to think warm and made the large circle at the center of the sketch into a sun.  Once I had that figured out, this design came together pretty quickly.

I made the sun by layering a slightly smaller circle over a pinking edged circle.  I stamped Verve's Sunshine Plain Jane at the center of the circle in darker orange ink.  It's adhered to the patterned paper panel along with a fluffy white felt cloud on either side.  The panel is machine stitched to a turquoise mat, then layered on an orange panel.  I set the layered pieces on a white card base for a nice contrast.

Materials Used:
Sunshine Plain Jane stamp (Verve Stamps); Vivid Butterscotch ink (Clearsnap); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Fine & Dandy-Tickled Pink 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); cloud die (Papertrey Ink); white felt; sewing machine; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips