Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Whale-y Like You

***If you're here for the Seasons Giving blog hop, scroll down or click HERE to see my post.***
Now that the new year is here, it’s time to move in to Valentine’s Day crafting projects! I put together this punny Valentine’s Day card based on this week’s sketch from Retro Sketches.

I used the whale from the WPlus9 Bitty Buddy Valentines set as my focal image. I die cut the shape using the matching die, then stamped the image on the die cut piece in blue ink. It’s set on a panel edged with some wave-like strips I cut with a Spellbinders Edgeabilities die. The set’s “I whale-y like you” sentiment is stamped in red ink on a white strip and layered over the waves—I was worried it wouldn’t show up well enough if I stamped it in black directly on the waves.

The image panel is layered on a red mat and set on a blue card base. I added a strip of red patterned paper next to it. The paper’s from a Christmas collection, but the pattern’s pretty non-seasonal, so it still works and I'm glad to be able to keep using it after the holidays! I added a little washi tape and a baker’s twine tied button as accents to finish the design.

Materials Used:

other: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Pacific Point, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); blue button (Michaels)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips