Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ruff Day?

This week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps challenge is to use an image with an animal. I modified it just a bit to fit the Moonlight Whispers Tori image.

I made a simple scene incorporating the dog walking Tori. This one’s definitely what I must look like at times when I’m walking (or being walked) by Chloe the cutie puppy—except for how I’m dressed! I colored the image with Copic markers and used a multiliner pen to draw in a sidewalk at the bottom of the panel and a cloud template to sponge in a sky background around the image.

Since the image is large, I kept the layout simple. The image is layered on an aqua panel, then set on a green patterned paper panel. I adhered a pair of notch-ended cardstock strips over the open part of the image panel, covering some of my pretty sponged background. The "ruff day?" sentiment is stamped underneath the strips. I added a baker's twine tied button as an accent.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Tori and Kimmie's Fun Sentiments stamp sets (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Jelly Bean Green cardstock (Gina K Designs); Everyday Eclectic 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); white button (Michaels); Caribbean baker's twine (The Twinery)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I absolutely love the little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Lori! the colours are great, as well as the flags.....and the drawn in sidewalk is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips