Monday, January 7, 2013

Sending You Warm Thoughts

I needed a get well card for a friend, so I put this one together based on the current sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping.

I started off with a panel of plaid patterned paper layered on a coordinating mat with a scalloped edge. The panel is set on the left side of a pink card base. After rummaging through my felt collection, I finally found a close-enough shade of pink to use for the die cut flower. Since the shade wasn’t a perfect match, I used a slightly larger white felt flower as a base—putting that directly on the card instead of the pink hides the color mismatch better (but I’ve done a good job of pointing that mismatch out here, haven’t I?). To give it dimension, I added a button to the center. Instead of a paper flourish, I added a big crystal one. I ended up cutting this one down a bit to fit the space on my card.

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink’s Sending You set. It’s stamped in berry colored ink on a light pink scrap and set on the patterned paper panel. The card’s already in an envelope, addressed, stamped, and ready to be mailed off next week, on time. I love when I can say that!

Materials Used: 
Sending You stamp set, Berry Sorbet ink, Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet cardstock, Beautiful Blooms 2 #1 flower dies (Papertrey Ink); Miss Caroline--Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); clear crystal flourish, white button (Michaels); cream linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips