Friday, January 25, 2013

Typewriter Love

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I changed the orientation of the panels a bit to fit the images I wanted to use for my love themed card.

The focal image is the vintage typewriter from the new Mama Elephant Type It stamp set. It’s stamped in gray ink on cream cardstock and cut out, then adhered to a cream panel with foam tape. To get the paper to extend out from the typewriter, I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the image, then inserted the paper into the opening. Just like a real typewriter, right?

For the text panel to the right of the typewriter, I repeatedly stamped the set’s “love you” image on a cream panel, staggering the placement of the text and stamping just one image in red for a nice contrast. I added a little notch-ended strip to the top of the panel and accented it with a button. A strip of gray cardstock with a trio of somewhat evenly spaced silver brads runs across the panel’s bottom edge. After layering the two cream panels on a red mat, I adhered them to a red gingham panel, then to a gray card base.

Materials Used:
Type It stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Picket Fence Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); silver brads, red button (Michaels); black baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips