Saturday, January 5, 2013

You Mean the World to Me

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went with an earth toned design with a love theme—it’s a nice change from all the pink and red in the usual Valentine’s Day designs.

I used one of the a la modes for my card. The image of the girl holding the globe is colored with Copic markers in shades of blues, greens, and browns. The “you mean the world to me” sentiment is stamped along the side of the image.

I continued the earth toned color scheme on the rest of the cardfront, using a blue dotted paper to cover most of the green card base and green and kraft circle die cuts as accents. For contrast, I used a piece of darker green grosgrain ribbon for the strip across the cardfront. Once that was in place, I added the image panel on top. Lots of layers, but still a pretty clean look.

I'll be back later on today with a winner from the Season's Giving blog hop and another love-themed project . . .

Materials Used:
a la modes You Mean the World to Me stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Spring Moss and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Miss Caroline-Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips