Monday, January 14, 2013

You're the Cream in my Coffee

Here’s a sweet coffee themed card for this week’s sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. I used two different sets of dies from Lil’ Inker Designs to put this one together.

The focal image is the to-go cup, cut with Lil’ Inker’s Coffee Cozy dies. I did a little shading on the cup and lid with a light blue green Copic marker before adding the kraft wrap. The cup is adhered to a pink patterned paper panel using foam tape. I added some pieces of pearl flourish to make steam coming from the top of the cup.

After I set the panel on the kraft card base, I ran a strip of pink dotted washi tape beneath it, then topped it with a strip of narrow red grosgrain ribbon. I accented the ribbon with a pair of die cut felt hearts cut with Lil’ Inker’s heart dies. The “you’re the cream in my coffee” sentiment is stamped at the bottom of the card in red ink for a nice pop against the kraft background.

Materials Used:
Coffee Cozy stamp set, Coffee Cozy and Of the Heart dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black and Love Letter inks (Tsukineko); marker (Copic); Regal Rose and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Everyday Eclectic 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); pearl flourish (Michaels); pink dotted tape; felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips