Saturday, February 2, 2013

Doodle Garden Love

Here’s my card for this month’s My Favorite Things guest designer contest. I used the sketch and one of the new Doodle Garden sets to make this sweet card.

The girl is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then adhered to a cream circle with foam tape. I set the image on a pink mat, then on top of a cardfront covered with two coordinating patterns from a Valentine’s Day themed paper pad I picked up recently at Michaels. I machine stitched around the edges of the base panel for a nice, finished look. The floral patterned panel is edged with a pink strip cut with the Die-namics Double Scallop Border die. It’s so delicate and feminine—a perfect match for the image!

I stamped the set’s “love you” sentiment in red on a pink tag cut with MFT’s Die-namics Notched Tag die and accented it with a tiny red felt heart and a little piece of knotted pink satin ribbon. The heart and the ribbon add just a bit of texture to the pretty design.

Materials Used:
Doodle Garden Sweet Friend stamp set, Die-namics Double Scallop Border and Notched Tags dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Love Letter and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); With Love 6x6 paper pad (Recollections-Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Pure Poppy felt (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips